Subscribe Twitter

Monday, August 9, 2010

I Am So Lucky...


I don't know how I got so blessed to have such a wonderful Mom. She raised myself and my sister with little to no help from my father, and never asked for any or complained. She enjoyed every minute with us, well..almost every minute, I'm sure there was a few during our teenage years she could have lived without. I've always thought of her as my best friend, we talk at least once a day, sometimes more. I honestly don't know what I'd do without her.
Now that Corbyn is here, our relationship has grown and gotten even stronger. I have seen her ALMOST every weekend since he has been born. Most weekends were spent together, enjoying our time with Corbyn.
This past weekend she took Corbyn for us, so TJ and I could have some alone time. When I asked her if she wanted to have him for the weekend you would have thought I'd asked her if she wanted a million dollars. When we met her she light up from ear to ear, hugging and kissing him like she hadn't seen him in years. (she just saw him last weekend) I received lots of pictures of him having a blast (him in the swing is one from this weekend, his first time in a baby swing, he LOVED it), and every time I called she was laughing. I swear I could see her smile through the phone.
It fills my heart with so much joy seeing her so happy. She is loving this Grandma roll, and doing a wonderful job at it. I know when Corbyn is old enough, he will too see how lucky he is to have such a wonderful Grandma. Just like I see with my Grandma's.
Life is Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment